Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Resolving...

It is the first month of 2014, and also the week of my 33rd birthday, so that means it is time for a check-up on last year's resolutions and a list of all new ones.

Last year I met about half of my resolutions.  I blogged more, both here and on another forum.  I also submitted three stories to contests.  I haven't heard on the last one yet, but I'm just proud that I got out of my comfort zone enough to send them off.

I also completed National Novel Writing Month successfully, for the first time in four years.  I'm pretty proud of that accomplishment.
 

I bought stuff to make 72-Hour Emergency Kits, but I didn't really put the kits together.

I met with the women of the local Roller Derby league, the Animas Roller Girls.  They were very welcoming and excited to see a new face.  However, I injured my leg (not nearly as badly as before) shortly after the meeting, so I decided to put it off again.  

So this year, the list grows.

1.  Make the 72-Hour Emergency Kits.
2.  Revise the NaNo book into something readable.
3.  Complete the unfinished stories I have backed up in my computer.
4.  Get my teaching license again.
5.  Blog weekly (here or Tumblr).


I have had a lot of time off to become more serious as a writer, but I haven't really had much of a focus about it.  I am dedicating this year to making writing more than a pipe dream.



There are a few other things that I want to accomplish, but those aren't for sharing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Farmington, NM, United States
Old enough to know better, young enough to change.