Sunday, June 23, 2013

Judy's Book Review #6: Walt Disney’s Lady and the Tramp (Little Golden Books)

Again, I let the girls pick out whatever books they wish to read (or have read to them).  This trip, Judy picked all adaptations of Disney movies.  They are all Little Golden Books, and Jason was shocked to see those gold spines come from the library.  There are treasures everywhere, if you just look.  

Now, I know that Judy picked these books because she already knows the general stories in them and she could "read" by looking at the pictures.  Some people may think that's cheating, but no more than being addicted to a Tom Clancy or Janet Evanovich series.  She's comfortable with the material and entertained by it, and that's enough for me.  


Judy and Edie both enthusiasticaly listened as I read Walt Disney's Lady and the Tramp, adapted by Teddy Slater and illustrated by Bill Langley and Ron Dias.  




I watched the movie but never read it so I wanted this book so bad.  The boy was looking at the tiny lick on the cheek it was a kiss from a girl but I didn’t know that she could wake the boy up in just 30 days.  I was getting so nervous.  Even the girl, Lady, was crying and I can’t believe all the dogs were going like this (squishes face up tight).  And there was this cute little tiny cutie baby; I love this baby.  It was smiling at the girl named Lady, until this mean lady came.  She brang to this house her cat, her ugly cats.  She hated dogs.  Even they scratched the goldfish, scratched the birdie and the dog was like woof woof woo woo woo.  And these bad cats were going everywhere (Judy gets on the floor and crawls around and babbles unintelligibly).  They was just about to scare the doggy like this, “MEOW!!”  Even she said, “Oh my little kitty cats, you’re my nicey cats.”  Pleh.  Gross.  I was getting so frustrated of this and the doggy was going to get so frustrated the doggy ran away like this but she was like, “I want to go home, I’m missing my family, the baby’s going to be so sad.”  (Judy breaks to allow herself to catch her breath.)  I was so frightened that the little beautiful doggy was going to die, but she didn’t and I was getting so sad, so so so so sad.  Then this moment some nice and these dogs were getting (?) by some person one was playing sarfat (her word for accordian, I guess) and one was playing guitar and they were making pasgetti, dog sketti for the dogs.  Even they kissed each other in the nose.  And they put a paw in the heart arrow.  And the doggy ran away.  (Judy begins mumbling).  And this moment a rat came to the baby’s room.  It was going to crawl across the baby and scratch the baby.  And the dog was the hero dog and it was, “Rawr!” and it ate the rat.  The man took the dog to the dog catcher and it stoled the doggy and put it in a trap.  Too late.  He was a true hero.  Then there was three girls that looked like their mom and one Scamp that looked like their father.  And the baby said, “This is your home after all.”


1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Farmington, NM, United States
Old enough to know better, young enough to change.