Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cabin Fever

Tomorrow is the last day of my Spring Break. I am pretty bummed, because I don't feel like I got to rest or get to the fun things I wanted to do.

I wanted to start on my vegetable garden. I wanted to write several blog posts. I wanted to finish The Partly Cloudy Patriot, the book I'm currently reading. I wanted to visit my sister.

Most of that was on hold this Spring Break, because I had to re-do one portion of my PDD. I wrote a 48 page document in hopes of moving up to a Level II teaching license. If I do not pass this portion on this submission I will not be able to teach next year.

This has me terrified. I am so worried about what might happen if I don't pass. I know that I will not starve, but I can't think of what my next move would be if I find myself without a teaching license. I don't know if I should return to school, or if I should attempt to stay at home with my daughters, or if I should seek employment through some other field (what field, I am not sure).

Another path I would like to take is writing. I have wanted to be a writer for years, but I have not had the discipline to do anything more than one or two blog posts a month. I also don't live in a writing hub. I know that the internet has opened the doors for writers, but I also feel like the options are limited.

All of this is to say that I am really nervous about what is coming next for me.

1 comment:

  1. Michele, I love you and I hope you pass! You are a wonderful, talented person. I know that you can do anything you want in life, whether it is teaching or something else. But don't worry! I really think you've got it this time!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Farmington, NM, United States
Old enough to know better, young enough to change.