Monday, January 5, 2009

Birthday

Tomorrow is my birthday. It is also the day that the state I have lived in my entire life became a member of the United States. It is also the date that Samuel Morse successfully tested the telegraph. There are a lot of other things that happened on my birthday, and you can decide which is most important by looking at Wikipedia.

My mother just left after an extended stay, and it is a bummer since we could have spent the day together. It was a great Christmas and Birthday present to have her here with my daughter and I. Thanks for giving birth mom, and thanks for always supporting me.

I am hoping to secure a sitter, drive to the only sushi place in town, eat, and go to bed early. Over Christmas break I gave myself the gift of my own breasts, as I weaned my daughter. I might buy some boots and some dishes, but I can't really think of "stuff" that I want for my birthday.

Thanks to all of my "readers." I really feel connected to a world of people that I would not be able to find in the "meat world." Even though I am not always insightful, you all often give me a purpose to write, and that is something a procrastinator like me needs.

3 comments:

  1. It'll be The Day in 17 minutes here in NC, so I'll go ahead and wish you a Happy Happy One!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Farmington, NM, United States
Old enough to know better, young enough to change.