Monday, June 23, 2008

Time and Travel

So I made it to Saturday (and beyond) and things are well. My daughter traveled beautifully, and everyone should be so lucky to travel with such a cute, well behaved baby. She didn't even fuss on take-offs or landings.

We almost didn't make it, though. My family and I arrived to the airport almost 2 hours early to procure seats next to each other. After checking in and going through security, we decided to eat. After we ate, we fed my baby, and then we had to go change the baby's diaper. Somehow, 2 hours had passed, and there was a call for an "immediate departure" from ABQ to SLC. My brother-in-law sprinted to the gate while my sister and I tried to run with a baby, carry-on luggage, a baby backpack, two travel pillows and a diaper bag. If that wasn't comical enough, my brother-in-law was at the gate, jumping up and down and waving his arms, as I was running with the carry-on. The carry-on started bouncing up and down and would not stabilize and roll on its wheels. I started shouting, "It won't roll! I can't get it to roll!" but my sister just kept running. We finally got to the gate and were the last to board the plane.

The other passengers were highly displeased, and some rolled their eyes at the sight of my daughter. Joke's on them, though, because we were happy and quiet.

We arrived in Salt Lake City just in time to change a diaper and catch the plane to Alaska. Again we were seated together, and that was a blessing. 5 hours flying with a wiggly baby is much easier when split between 3 people.

As we flew, the light increased, even though we were flying on the red-eye. The baby slept, and so did her uncle. My sister and I stayed awake and mocked the in flight movie--which we didn't watch--Fools Gold. It looked ridiculous.

We landed in Anchorage, it was very light outside and it was about 11:30. Needless to say, my internal clock is a bit off.

Coming soon to this site, pictures. For now check out my sister's site for some pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Farmington, NM, United States
Old enough to know better, young enough to change.