Tuesday, November 27, 2007

When I Grow Up...

After reading this exquisite post at Kate Harding's Shapely Prose, I decided that I want to make a list of things that I plan to complete. I've never been a "someday" planner, but I think that I would benefit from some future gazing. Here are some things that I wish to accomplish soon (5 years?).

1. Begin speaking Spanish (I know how to read it, but I am nervous about my accent).
2. Get my Masters.
3. Finish a short story and (attempt to?)get it published.
4. Go skydiving with my father.
5. Participate in some sort of recreational sport (volleyball, or maybe softball).


Now, I think that it is equally important that I toot my horn for the things I have accomplished.

1. I am currently pregnant (4 weeks to go).
2. Toured Spain (in high school).
3. Received a BA in Education.
4. Got a job (weeks after graduation).
5. Purchased a home (with a loan that is manageable).

Good for me. Now I need to make an "action plan" or something.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment over at my place, NamedChanged -- I've been thinking about you and realizing that your due date is near.

    Hope you are enjoying it, not too far from a bathroom at any given moment, and getting some sleep.

    Big hugs and kisses to you, family, and bambino-soon-to-be.

    PD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of you tonight, for some reason -- maybe cuz I just looked at pics of a newborn.

    Hope you are all well and comfy.
    PD

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Farmington, NM, United States
Old enough to know better, young enough to change.