Saturday, September 29, 2007

Gratitude Guilt

My sister is throwing me a baby shower. I am so excited about it. It is a tea party, and she is going to great lengths to make it beautiful. She hand-made the invitations and maps, she has shopped at every thrift and antique store for interesting tea cups and saucers, she has researched recipes and how to brew the perfect cup of tea. She has prodded me for addresses and lists of activities that I will not endure at a party. She is a true gift.

I feel nervous, because I feel like I will not be able to be as obsessive as her when it is her turn. I am notoriously laid back, and I feel like equal craziness will be required from me for her (eventual) shower. How do I muster up such obsession?

I am sure that my sister won't care, and will in fact take over planning for her own shower, but I still have this weird pre-guilt feeling. How bizarre is that? In the meantime, I am trying to think of a gift to give her for doing all of this. If any of you have ideas to give the hostess of your baby shower, please send them along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Farmington, NM, United States
Old enough to know better, young enough to change.